In-Mold Labeling (IML)
When it comes to packaging, IML decoration is the first choice for projecting a brand image. Food and FMCG products are stored in IML decorated thin wall containers which are suitable for deep freezing, microwave cooking, and are used worldwide.
WEISS PRECISION OFFERS A COMPLETE RANGE OF INTEGRATED FACILITIES, INCLUDING LABEL MAKING, MOULD ADAPTIONS AS WELL AS IN-HOUSE ROBOTICS.
In IML, robots place preprinted labels into the moulds before creating the plastic flow into the mould below the label, which fuses the label as it is formed. In addition to producing outstanding picture quality, this technique produces permanent decorations that cannot be removed.
Advantages of IML
- IML offers outstanding quality decoration, and picture quality.
- Photographic quality and complete container coverage.
- Label becomes an integral part of the pail and offers a no-label look with high scratch resistance.
- IML operations are hands free as all handling is done by ROBOTS. Packaging is hygienic and suitable for D2F (Direct to fill) operations.
- Improves barrier properties -helps extend the shelf life of the filled goods.
- Label has better heat, moisture and chemical resistance than other types of decoration.
- Affordability – eliminates costly and messy secondary processes.
A cost-effective and integrated approach with IML
Weiss Precision has set up in house robot manufacturing, mold and label manufacturing and die-cutting machines to enable quick production of IML containers. This gives Mold-Tek flexibility and complete cost control.
- Lower prices for IML decoration complying with international standards.
- Quick delivery, customizability and maintenance.