A stack mould consists of a series of interconnected, same-sized, single-face moulds that are stacked on top of one another. Stack moulds double the number of cavities produced by plastic injection moulding machines without increasing platen size or tonnage. A three-level stack mould and a four-level stack mould can triple or quadruple production volumes.
Doubled Output. Reduced Part Cost. Multiple Components In One Shot.
Stack molds double (or more for increased stack mold levels) the output of standard plastic injection molds, increasing molding efficiency and reducing the overall part cost. Stack molds can also produce multi-component assemblies or a family of parts in one shot on one plastic injection molding machine.
Most stack molds have an equal number of the same cavities in each side of the mold, or parting surface, but they can also have different cavities in each mold parting surface to produce a family of parts per shot, with each part being a different shape and size.
- Doubled part production (more for three- and four-level stack molds)
- Optimal molding efficiency
- Reduced production and part cost
- Ability to mold multi-component assemblies or a family of parts in one shot on one plastic injection molding machine
Stack molds benefit many applications, some of which include:
- Thin wall containers, lids, closures and caps
- Medical disposables
- Packaging (food, cosmetics, medical, industrial)
- Consumer products
- Vehicle lens and trim components