Thin Wall Packaging
With the increasing demand for lighter weight plastic packaging and plastic parts with increased strength while using less plastic material, thin wall molding has become increasingly popular. Through our partnership with OEMs, we have developed sustainable thin wall plastic molding and packaging solutions that weigh less, use less material, and have a lower cost per part. We have full thin wall molding and thin wall packaging capabilities and expertise.
Some of the advantages of thin wall plastic packaging and thin wall plastic injection molded parts include:
- Plastic packaging and plastic components that weigh less
- Use of less plastic material – save on material costs
- Lower overall part cost
- Expanded packaging design options
- Faster production speed, increased productivity, lower production cost
Thin wall plastic injection molding is used in a wide range of applications including:
- Plastic packaging
- Food packaging
- Plastic housings
- Medical devices
- Medical disposables and medical device packaging
- Consumer products and consumer product plastic packaging
- Plastic containers and lids
- Electronic housings and protection
- Cell phone and handheld device components
Plastic parts and packaging with thin walls are typically characterized by wall thicknesses less than 0.8 mm (0.031 in.). Plastic injection molding of thin-wall plastic parts and thinner-wall sections have different requirements than standard plastic injection molding. The process must be modified to fit higher pressures, faster molding speeds, and shorter cooling times.
Our molds can be molded with uniform walls as thin as 0.040 inches, which are strong enough to withstand extreme conditions and applications, such as housings that protect circuitry from the environment.
For thin wall molding, we also offer stack molds. By adding multiple parting lines, this plastic injection molding machine can double its production capacity.